Sunday, July 20, 2008

This is Me!

Hey, my name is Tom.

At the moment, I am 18 years old and live down south in the place that everyone forgets about, Australia. This is my first year at University, and I am studying a Bachelor of Animation which I enjoy immensly. I am not exactly sure what I want to do at the moment, but in the long run it has to be something to do with art. I have been doing some comic style digital painting for just over a year now. I have been really enjoying it, and it will probably be the bulk of what I will be posting here, however I would really love to become a games concept artist. I still have a lot of practice and study to do before I get to that stage, though!

I hope that you enjoy my work!

Tom.

6 comments:

Chantel Schott said...

Hey Tom,

I just love your "area near uni southbank" pic!

Your colouring is awesome, I would like to see some more of your own designs/lines - Excellent work!!

Tom Newbury said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey TOMFACE,
Its Rush, mate i saw everything and specially the once u did recently are very impressive and you are getting better and better with every hour of painting ;)

Can't wait to see ur stuff back at B.K!

Keep the great stuff going.
See you soon.

RUSH.

Anonymous said...

heya,
love the colouring.
The names katie houghton-ward and i'm a comic artist
that also is from australia.
I just stumbled upon you link and like your style.
I've just been recruited as an artist for heavy metal
magazine in the states and i'm always looking out for
good colourists.
If you wanna see some of my work go to:
www.comicartfans.com
and put in:
katie houghton-ward
in the search engine.
If your interested in some collabs that would be swell.
my email is:
k8tpayne@gmail.com
take care,
KT.

Dinokiwi said...

18 years??? wow you are good!!!
how do you learn to paint and what program do you use? really nice work!

Anonymous said...

hey dude! i'm azy and i am 14 yrs old. wow your good! i really want to know more about art and especially the shadings and colors.. can you tell me what programm do you use? your masterpiece are great! :D and i really need some tips if you don't mind, i am still beginning to learn how to use the photoshop.