Thursday, July 24, 2008

Old Stuff!

These are nearly all of the paintings I have done to date. Some of them wouldn't upload so I will post them in a new post. I have painted about fifty paintings so far, and these are just a few which I thought were worth posting.

Enjoy! (Note that these are not in any particular order)


This character is known as Gladiator. I think he is one of the X-Men gods. This painting took me about five hours to do, and I can't remember who the pencil artist was.
Lines: Unknown
Colours: Thomas Newbury

This is a painting of batgirl I did for a competition.
Lines: Stephan Arthur Schaffer
Colours: Tom Newbury

This is a painting of Wolverine which I did for practice. I am really just working on my technique here. The background is obviously unfinished but after working on a piece for almost ten hours straight you kind of get sick of it.

Lines: Micah Gunnell

Colours: Tom Newbury



This was just a quick practice piece of the street fighter character Ryu. Just an hour or so of work here.

Lines: Alvin Lee

Colours: Tom Newbury

I coloured this piece as a tribute to Michael Turner who died a few weeks ago from cancer, he was a big influence on my art career. It's SuperGirl if you haven't guessed

Lines: Michael Turner

Colours: Tom newbury


Just trying to practice on some simple lines for an hour or so.

Lines: Tien

Colours: Tom Newbury

I painted this piece for a friend, it's a character he calls Killeroo. This took about 1.5 hours.

Lines: Wayne Nichols

Colours: Tom Newbury


This is just a concept I had in mind which I did in about half an hour. I call it 'My Nose is Running'.

Lines/Colours: Tom Newbury


This piece was done as an assignment for University. We had to draw an area around the university using techniques we has been taught. We weren't meant to paint it, but I just couldn't help myself!

Lines/Colours: Tom Newbury


An artist I know drew this and asked if I would paint it for him. It took me about four to five hours. This piece is called racing girls.

Lines: Reinaldo Quintero

Colours: Tom Newbury

This piece is one of my older ones and I just did it for practice like the rest of these. It's meant to be some ice demon.

Lines by: David Grier

Colours by: Tom Newbury

A collab which I did with a mate at university. It's called Robot breakdance on turntable sandwich.

Lines by: Andrew Millist

Colours by: Tom Newbury

This is a piece which I did for a guy I know on the internet. I liked the look of it so I had a go at colouring it. The character is called Thanos. Took me about 2.5 hours.

Lines by: Lak Lim

Colours by: Tom Newbury

This piece took me approximately eight hours. It's definately one of my favourite pieces so far. The characters are Wolverine, Spiderman and Hulk.

Lines by: Joe Mad!

Colours by: Tom Newbury


A piece which I inked and coloured for fun. Turned out pretty sweet I think. Character is Superman (obviously)

Inks/Colours: Tom Newbury



A sketch of Venom which I liked, so I coloured it.

Lines by: Ryan Ottly

Colours by: Tom Newbury


A friend in second year Animation drew this and I liked it so I painted it for him. Its a panda!

Lines by: Pasquale D'Silva

Colours by: Tom Newbury

A very old ink which I did many moons ago and decided to spend 20 minutes colouring it. Turned out quite well I think mainly because I love the fact you can still see all the paint strokes clearly

Inks/Colours: Tom Newbury


A sweet drawing of Thor I decided to paint. About 6 hours of work.

Lines by: Mark Morales

Colours by: Tom Newbury


Another one of Ryu this time a body shot.

Lines by: Joe NG

Colours by: Tom Newbury

This was basically a skin and latex test I did. I didn't bother with the background. This piece is about a year old as well.

Lines by: Ed Benes

Colours by: Tom Newbury

This is a character called Pepper which I painted. This has been in my top favourites for quite some time now.

Lines by: Stanley Lau

Colours by: Tom Newbury

A drawing I found of a monster which I inked and painted. Had alot of fun with this one.

Lines by: Joe MAD!

Inks and Colours by: Tom Newbury

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Awesome work dude!! I'm an artist as well. I dabble mostly in pen and ink cartooning. I love your use of light and shading in your pieces, it makes the images come to life. keep up the wonderful work! Drop me a line sometime maybe a few tips, lol.

panther_graphics_ca@msn.com

I'm also on facebook.

Anonymous said...

Man!! Really amazing, thank you for letting us see your great work. Just happened on your site and you blew me away!! Keep on drawing .. it is a real gift.

Anonymous said...

just to let you know, Gladiator, is not a god but is the leader of the praetorian guard of the shi'ar empire. he appears in "the phoenix" saga.